The following is a formal offer to submit articles for publication
in www.spark-online.com. The terms of this offer include the following
discussion which conveys the legal rights that arise from the relationship
between the publishers of www.spark-online.com and the writers who
write for the magazine. I accept that if I submit an article for
consideration to be published in www.spark-online.com that I accept
the terms of this contract, and understand that I will be bound
Ownership of Published Material
agree to license to www.spark-online.com the aforementioned
literary work for the following uses:
1) As material contribution to the regularly published edition
2) As material contribution to historical published editions
3) As promotional material, to further the interests of www.spark-online.com
I also agree to assign to www.spark-online.com the
following specific rights arising from my authorship of the aforementioned
1) The right to translate the work.
2) The right to communicate the work by radio communication (including
3) The right to exhibit the work in public.
4) The right to reproduce the work.
5) The right to authorize any of the above.
I agree that any work I publish in www.spark-online.com
will not be used for any other purpose except that which is in the
agreed upon interests of the magazine and myself.
I agree that the following rights arising from my
authorship of the literary work will remain with me:
1) The right to the integrity of the work.
2) The right to prevent it being distorted or mutilated.
3) The right to prevent it from being used in association with
some product, service, cause or institution other than www.spark-online.com.
4) Where the work is copied, published or performed, the right
to be associated with the work as author by name or pseudonym,
or to remain anonymous.
5) The right to communicate the work by radio communication
6) The right to exhibit the work in public.
7) The right to reproduce the work in other publications without
the express consent of www.spark-online.com.
8) The right to translate the work.
9) The right to authorize any of the above.
I submit the aforementioned literary work without
any expectation of compensation from www.spark-online.com, understanding
that the benefit of having my literary work published in www.spark-online.com
is sufficient consideration for my agreement to licence my literary
work for the above mentioned uses and for my agreement to assign
to www.spark-online.com the specific rights mentioned above. I relinquish
any future claims against www.spark-online.com arising from the
uses, agreed upon in this document, of my literary work by www.spark-online.com.
I understand that this contract does not form a promise,
on the part of www.spark-online.com, to publish the aforementioned
literary work and that www.spark-online.com reserves the right to
refuse to publish the aforementioned literary work.
Copyright ©1999 bravenewmedia.org
All rights reserved.